What will happen to the printer copier in cold weather?
As we all know, printers and copiers use heating to fuse the toner on the paper to achieve fixing. Therefore, many printers and copiers indicate the operating temperature range (usually 10-23 ℃) in the manual. What will happen next? For example, in the winter in our central and northern regions, the general temperature is below 10°C. Using the copier under this temperature environment may cause the following situations:
1. The code generated when the fuser responsible for heating cannot reach the specified temperature within the predetermined time (high probability);
2. Speed reduction caused by unstable heating of the fuser (lower than normal printing speed);
3. Effect problems caused by the deviation of the working efficiency of the charging roller responsible for charging the drum in a low temperature environment;
4. The surface of the paper tray pickup roller (rubber material) will become hard (expanded and contracted by heat and contraction) at low temperatures, causing the first few sheets of paper to be printed and copied to slip, and the pickup is not smooth, and the machine reports a paper jam;
5. Some printers are more intelligent. When detecting low temperature, they will start the heating module of the paper tray/drum assembly/scanning, etc. It takes time to temporarily load these modules, so it will appear when starting up or printing and copying the first sheet of paper. Speed reduction situation.
All these machine abnormalities caused by extremely low temperatures are basically summarized into two types: heating problems at low temperatures and changes in the material properties of accessories, but they can be restored to normal after room temperature or the internal temperature of the printer, so there is no need to worry about subsequent use . Instead of tossing about the machine, it is better to turn on the hot air of the air conditioner, have a cup of warm coffee, and wait for everything to get better.
- Prev : Merry Christmas
- Next : Happy New Year-2021